Truck drivers spend hours of their day on the road. Several factors that come with the job such as sitting for prolonged periods, cold coffee, and lukewarm food can lead to massive discomfort in a short amount of time. However, with the help of innovative tools and helpful apps, truck drivers can dramatically improve their comfort while traveling. And fleet managers can utilize these types of gadgets in a traditional rewards program, for other types of incentives, to encourage safe driving habits or for holiday gifts.
- Coolers designed for trucks. Keeping food and beverages cool isn’t as simple as tossing a cooler in the back of the vehicle for truck drivers. They have limited space and they need to utilize all of it for maximum comfort and efficiency. Moreover, traditional coolers only offer short-term solutions for keeping things cool and require a steady supply of ice. Investing in a portable cooler that plugs into a 12-volt outlet solves this issue. Many are convertible as well, allowing truck drivers to lay them vertically or horizontally as their space allows.
- Portable stove. With COVID-19 shutting down many restaurants, healthy food options are scarce for truck drivers. Packing their own meals and storing them in their cooler can help combat this issue but eating cold leftovers can be less than a pleasant experience. Portable stoves are a compact, convenient option to reheat food, as most are small and only need a 12-volt outlet.
- Gel and memory foam seat cushion. Sitting in the driver’s seat for hours at a time can lead to tailbone, back, and neck pain. Having the support of an ergonomic seat cushion can relieve pressure to improve overall comfort.
- Portable coffee machine. While over-caffeinating isn’t a good idea, most people appreciate their morning cup of coffee. Having a coffee maker that plugs into a 12-volt outlet can give truck drivers their preferred brand of coffee as well as save some money by not stopping to buy an over-priced energy drink at a convenience store.
- iExit Trucks app. This handy app lets truck drivers know what trucker-friendly businesses are available at upcoming exits as well as where the cheapest diesel stations are available nearby. It provides other critical information as well including locations for repair service centers, safe parking, rest areas, weigh stations, and more.
With truck drivers providing an essential service during the pandemic, their comfort and safety are more important than ever. Contact the experts at Interstate Motor Carriers to learn how we can help protect your fleet.